Coral Actives Acne Cleansing Bar
Demand for a product to treat truncal acne has resulted in the formulation of a 10% benzoyl peroxide bar soap to treat chest, back, shoulder and buttock acne. The team at Ermis Labs has created another product that combines the best of proven ingredients to treat acne.
The formulation includes a mix of Vitamins A and E, Coconut Oil and Shea Butter. Here is a breakdown of the key ingredients:
10% Benzoyl Peroxide
There is nothing better at killing bacteria than benzoyl peroxide. It is the most widely used topical treatment of acne, with significant antibacterial, anti-keratolytic and comedolytic activity. It has been shown to be extremely effective as monotherapy and has been demonstrated in numerous clinical studies.
Vitamin A keeps skin and mucous membrane cells healthy. When membranes are healthy they stay moist and resistant to cell damage. The moistness inhibits bacteria and viruses from initiating infectious diseases on the surface of the skin.
Vitamin E is vital in protecting skin cells from ultra violet light, pollution, drugs, and other elements that produce cell damaging free radicals.
A natural product found in coconut oil is lauric acid. Lauric Acid (which is also found naturally in mothers' milk) is a nutrient that supports the body's normal functional response to bacteria and viruses.
Shea Butter is instilled with superb moisturizing and healing capacities for the skin. The application of Shea Butter has shown to help with eczema, acne blemishes, rashes dermatitis and other skin disorders. It also includes wound-healing (anti-bacterial) properties to heal skin problems in a healthy, soothing way.
Directions for use:
• Using warm water, wash the affected area for 1 to 2 minutes
• Rinse well and pat dry with a clean towel
• Because excess drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
• If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
• If going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor
• For external use only
Do not use if you
• have very sensitive skin
• are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide
When using this product
• Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time
• Avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen
• Avoid contact with the eyes, lips, and mouth
• Avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product
• Skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possibly swelling. Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• Irritation becomes severe
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Active Ingredient: 10% Benzoyl Peroxide.
Inactive Ingredients: Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate and/or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance, Ti02, Mineral Oil, Polyethelylene Glycol, Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Pentasodium Pentetate.